- Marta Vogel, "Help for Slow-Growing Children," FDA Consumer Mar. 1987.
- Ernst Scharrer and Berta Scharrer, Neuroendocrinology (New York: Columbia University Press, 1963) iii.
- John C. Avise, The Hope, Hype & Reality of Genetic Engineering : Remarkable Stories from Agriculture, Industry, Medicine, and the Environment / (New York: Oxford University Press, 2004) 20.
- McKelvey, Maureen D. Evolutionary Innovations: The Business of Biotechnology . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Deyssig R, Frisch H. Self-administration of cadaveric growth hormone in power athletes. Lancet. 1993
- Jenkins, PJ “Growth hormone and exercise.” Clin Endorinol 1999; 50:P683-689
- Knapp, Gwen. “Up-close tale of 8 months on drugs.” San Francisco Chronicle 23 Oct. 2003 C1
- Rudman et al; “Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old.” New England Journal of Medicine. 1990. 323: 1-6
- Moyle G et al. Growth hormone improves appearance and lean mass in lioatrophic patients and these benefits are maintained with alternate day dosing. 42 nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, San Diego, abstract H-1935, 2002.
- Gotherstrom G, Vensson J, Koranyi J, Alpsten M, Bosaeus I, Bengtsson B. Johannsson G, “A prospective study of 5 years of GH replacement therapy in GH-deficient adults: sustained effects on body composition, bone mass, and metabolic indices,” J Clin Endorinol Metab. 2001 Oct; 86(10): 4657-65
- Gillberg P; Bramnert M, Thoren M, Werner S. Johannson G, “Commencing growth hormone replacement in adults with a fixed low dose. Effects on serum lipoproteins, glucose metabolism, body composition and cardiovascular function.” Growth Horm IGF ReS, 2001 Oct; 11 (5): 273-81
- ( New England Journal of Medicine, June 1, 2000 )
- Cooke, Jennifer. “Beware Growth Hormone Net Scam.” Sydney Morning Herald 12 June 2003 .
- Marjorie Williams, "Reduce Body Fat, Increase Energy Improve Skin Appearance . and More! Breakthrough Natural Growth Hormone Supplement Finally Available to the Public," Psychology Today Jan.-Feb. 2004: 77.
- Michael Carlston, Classical Homeopathy , ed. Micozzi, Marc S. (New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2003) null3.
- Rieser, Patricia; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Growth Hormone Deficiency